Daily Archives: March 6, 2012
Well, Suncor has some documents they want to share, just not with the likes of YOU!
But I like you all so I’m going to do my bit to ‘open the books’. Have at it! Cedar Point Wind Project Documents and Maps
Hey, they have really changed that project area around haven’t they? Don’t be surprised, this is normal. That’s how these companies survive – with deception. If I hear another politician or urbanite tell me that we are being ‘listened to’, or that we just need to ‘research information’, I’m going to blow. Even though we look, and pry and try to follow process…we are left in the dark about everything, until it is all pretty much set in stone. Only way to tackle this is to talk- not to the wind company – but to your neighbours.
Suncor, are you serious? Do you really think townships are ALLOWED to have non-social, closed-door, ‘breakfasts’ with you to discuss wind turbines in OUR community, out of the public eye? Maybe you better bone up on the Sunshine Law book here. Can you imagine if London city council , say had a ‘breakfast’ meeting, with some large developer, with no minutes taken, no public allowed? Just because we live in the boonies doesn’t mean we can’t read and understand LAWS!!!! Get out and stay out of our communities. Same goes for you NextEra, and any other wind company that is reading this.
So public- what do you think of a wind company trying to have this conversation outside of council chambers with your elected representatives?
Cedar Point Wind Power Project – Mayor Feedback & Update
Thursday March 15, 2012
10 am | Sawmill Creek Golf Resort & Spa (3790 Lakeshore Rd.Camlachie,Ontario)
RSVP to Dianne Zimmerman: firstname.lastname@example.org
Day of contact number: Dianne cell 519-719-9181
- Update on Cedar Point Wind Power Project progress, the REA process and expected changes to the FIT program (if announced by government by time of meeting)
- Listen to the mayors’ and council’s perspective on area wind development
- Explore ways Suncor can strengthen relationships with the community
- Welcome and introductions
- Cedar Point Wind Power Project update
- The REA process and FIT review update and how they may impact local councils
- What’s happening in your community?
Upcoming by-laws changes
- Opportunities for joint engagement
- What are you hearing?
- What else should Suncor be doing?
- How else can we support you?
- Listening to your community